Can it be? Have I turned into the very thing that I grew up knowing was the worst thing you can be? That is the worst thing next to being a Chicago Bears fan. Could I be a 'Fair Weather Fan". Someone who is on board with the team when they are doing well. Last to join, first to leave.
I have to admit, I have Packer fever again. I didn't watch a single regular season game this year, other than what I saw as I passed from one room to the next while my husband had the game on. I watched about half of each play-off game and the entire NFC Championship game, and all of the Superbowl. And post-Superbowl press conferences. And read all of the articles online. I am ashamed to admit that I actually care about football again. But I wonder, do I really? Or do I just want vengence?
I was infatuated with the Packers, specifically Brett Favre from about '95 to '03. Then I became irritated with him for not retiring. And again for un-retiring, etc etc. Then I grew to hate him, and eventually football.
Now I am conflicted. I find myself looking forward to the season starting again next year. But I am torn. Do I really want the Packers to do well or do I want them to do well without Favre?
Then there's #12. I recently heard someone say, #12 = 3 X #4. And he is pretty cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment